Recruitment of permanent staff
EPSO organises ‘open competitions’ to select permanent staff. Competitions measure candidates’ skills through a series of tests and assessments, ensuring the very best people are selected. Each year there are competitions for administrators, linguists, interpreters, translators, secretaries and other staff categories.
EPSO recruits staff for all the EU institutions:
- European Parliament – based in Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg (France)
- Council of the EU – based in Brussels
- European Commission – based in Brussels (Belgium) and Luxembourg. The Commission is the largest employer among the EU institutions, with staff in Europe and offices around the world. A number of specialised posts are available, for example for people with a background in science, languages or statistics/economics.
- Court of Justice of the European Union – based in Luxembourg
- Court of Auditors – based in Luxembourg
- European Economic and Social Committee – based in Brussels
- Committee of the Regions – based in Brussels
- European Ombudsman – based in Strasbourg
- European Data Protection Supervisor – based in Brussels.
Permanent officials are divided into administrators and assistants.